Our son has enjoyed his time at SFSHS. We believe he has achieved results in all subjects that are enhanced due to his participation in the Marine Studies program …The staff that organise and contribute to the courses are exceptional. They have freely given up time, not only within school hours, but also hours and days of their personal time. This has been exceptional… My family and [student’s name] thank the staff of SFSHS.
Parent, September 2011
Nothing proves our school’s success better than our students’ accomplishments. We congratulate their personal achievements, their contribution to community and for upholding the sustainability ethos that we cultivate at South.
- South Fremantle SHS students again achieved ATAR scores over 90, continuing the trend since 2009.
- Our top achieving student in the Marine & Maritime Course of Study Stage 3A/B was the highest scoring student across WA’s public and private schools.
- Two students were awarded a WA Government ‘Best & Brightest Award’ for outstanding achievement in WACE and VET.
- Three students received Certificates of Excellence for achieving 18 ‘A’ grades over Year 11 and 12.
- 89% of Year 12 students completed ‘Units of Competency’ and 57% of all students who attained a ‘Vocational Education and Training’ (VET) certificate also attained multiple certificates. Four students attained ‘Certificate III’ qualifications.
South Fremantle Senior High School…
- achieved a ‘Top Public School Award’ for the sixth consecutive year,
- was identified as the number one public senior high school for Vocational Education and Training (VET) achievement and was ranked 6th overall in the state,
- received an Attainment Rate* of 98% – the highest in WA, after Perth Modern School, a selective high school for the gifted and talented.
*The percentage of students achieving either an ATAR of at least 55 or a VET Certificate II and is the statistic that the Department of Education uses to gauge whether schools are adequately preparing students for further education or training.